Environmental degradation has become one of society’s key concerns. At the same time, despite widespread pro-environmental attitudes, consumers frequently purchase non-environmentally friendly goods or exhibit non-environmentally friendly behaviour.
ABRI focuses on learning as a key constituent of Doctoral candidates’ everyday experience. ABRI further believes that focusing on a community encourages knowledge creation and dissemination. With a strong emphasis on career development, we believe that Doctoral candidates’ credibility comes not only from doing good research but from being an excellent academic.
We believe that by offering a demanding yet well balanced programme candidates will be well prepared for an academic career or performing outstanding business practice research. ABRI offers programmes for Master students as well as fulltime and part-time Doctoral candidates.
Doctoral candidates are encouraged to partake in courses abroad as these experiences promote the intellectual and social development of candidates. This also applies to foreign participants who are interested in courses taught by ABRI. ABRI welcomes foreign participants to be as fully involved as possible with the content and fellow participants of courses.
Marlieke van Grinsven, Stefan Heusinkveld and Jos Benders win AOM Management Consulting Division Best Paper AwardThe paper, written by Marlieke van Grinsven, Stefan Heusinkveld and Jos Benders (KU Leuven) titled "Aligning the meaning of lean: Boundary spanning agents in the translation of management concepts" has won the Management Consulting Division Best Paper Award at at the Academy of Management 2016 Annual Meeting in Anaheim, United States of America.
- Maria Tims receives Veni grant
- 2015 Annual Report VU Amsterdam: Significant rise in academic success
- Best Student Paper Award for Joost Berkhouts’ research on Google PageRank
- Marius Rietdijk on RTL4 News
- ABRI appointed three new Visiting Professors
- Evgenia Lysova receives AoM Outstanding Reviewer Award
- Last cohort of Junior Researchers has graduated!
- Paper Brian Tjemkes and Martijn van der Kamp selected AoM best conference proceedings
- Wouter Stam and Joris Ebbers (UvA) receive grant from NWO
- Svetlana Khapova wins Emerald Literati Network Outstanding Reviewer Award for Excellence 2016