The topics of talent management and diversity management are blossoming in organizations. Yet, a mismatch exists between the fields, in both research and practice. By adopting a paradox lens, this dissertation explores the theorized and the lived tensions between the practices of talent management and diversity management.
Environmental degradation has become one of society’s key concerns. At the same time, despite widespread pro-environmental attitudes, consumers frequently purchase non-environmentally friendly goods or exhibit non-environmentally friendly behaviour.
ABRI focuses on learning as a key constituent of Doctoral candidates’ everyday experience. ABRI further believes that focusing on a community encourages knowledge creation and dissemination. With a strong emphasis on career development, we believe that Doctoral candidates’ credibility comes not only from doing good research but from being an excellent academic.
We believe that by offering a demanding yet well balanced programme candidates will be well prepared for an academic career or performing outstanding business practice research. ABRI offers programmes for Master students as well as fulltime and part-time Doctoral candidates.
Doctoral candidates are encouraged to partake in courses abroad as these experiences promote the intellectual and social development of candidates. This also applies to foreign participants who are interested in courses taught by ABRI. ABRI welcomes foreign participants to be as fully involved as possible with the content and fellow participants of courses.
- Dr. Evgenia Lysova successfully defended her PhD thesis
- Enno Masurel appointed as board member of Dutch Centers for Entrepreneurship
- FEWEB’s AACSB eligibility application has been accepted by the AACSB
- Sneak Preview: Leergang Strategisch Leren in Organisaties, 4 oktober 2016
- New cohort of the Research Master Business in Society
- Martijn van den Assem researches the choice behaviour of game show contestants
- Marlieke van Grinsven, Stefan Heusinkveld and Jos Benders win AOM Management Consulting Division Best Paper Award
- Maria Tims receives Veni grant
- 2015 Annual Report VU Amsterdam: Significant rise in academic success
- Best Student Paper Award for Joost Berkhouts’ research on Google PageRank
- Marius Rietdijk on RTL4 News
- ABRI appointed three new Visiting Professors