ABRI PhD Positions
If you are interested in a PhD in Business Administration, you can apply for a PhD position at ABRI (Amsterdam Business Research Institute). This is a paid PhD position, for three or four years. Only candidates with an accredited research master (Mphil, MSc, for the 3-year position) or regular university master (MSc, MA for the 4-year position) are eligible. It is not possible to apply with an executive master degree (MBA) or a master degree from a university of applied sciences.
Application and selection criteria
To apply for the PhD position please submit the following documents:
- CV (resume)
- Statement of purpose (explaining your motivation for a PhD at ABRI)
- Research Proposal (please use the given template, download here)
- Academic diplomas (in the original language and with certified translation in English or Dutch)
- Academic transcripts (lists of grades, in the original language and with certified translation in English or Dutch)
- Academic paper (e.g., Master thesis or article)
- Two letters of recommendation by academics from a relevant field
- GMAT/GRE test results (for applicants with a master diploma from a university outside the Netherlands)
- IELTS/TOEFL test results (for non-Dutch citizens who are not native speakers of English, and for whom the language of instruction was not English)
All the documentation (test results and recommendation letters inclusively) should be sent before the application deadline (15 January 2021, 18:00).
Please submit all files via the application button on the VU vacancy website. Incomplete applications, or applications received after this date will not be considered.
Externally-Funded Phd Positions
Apart from these annual PhD positions, ABRI sometimes offers 4-year externally paid PhD positions: Since these positions are funded by the industry and/or NWO, these positions do not have a fixed annual deadline and the number of positions is not fixed either. If available, these positions can be found here.