3-Year PhD Positions
If you are interested in a PhD in Business Administration, you can apply for a PhD position at ABRI (Amsterdam Business Research Institute). This is a paid PhD position, for three years. Only candidates with an accredited research master (Mphil, MSc) or equivalent programme (e.g. junior researcher programme on top of a regular master) are eligible. If you are not yet eligible, you can register for the preparatory 2 years in which you do the PhD course work in the Research Master Business in Society. The degree of that programme allows you to apply for the PhD positions offered at ABRI-VU. Such PhD positions are not only paid for, but we even have scholarships available for the Research Master.
Application and selection criteria
To apply for a 3-year PhD position please submit the following documents per e-mail:
- A PhD proposal (Please use the given template, download here). Please note that the research must fit into the research tracks of ABRI (click here for details). You are kindly requested to get into contact with the research coordinator of the research track for feedback on your proposal before submitting it.
- An academic paper (conceptual or empirical)
- Copies of the academic transcripts and diplomas (certified) from a Research Master or an equivalent programme (e.g. Junior Researcher programme)
- Motivation letter
- Copy of passport
- Two recommendation letters
- A GMAT or a GRE general test result is required.
- TOEFL/IELTS test results (for non-Dutch citizens who are not native speakers of English, and for whom the language of instruction was not English)
All the documentation (test results and recommendation letters inclusively) should be sent before the application deadline (15 March 2017).
Please submit all files to Ina Putter, email@example.com. Incomplete applications, or applications received after this date will not be considered.
For the official text of the 3-year PhD position vacancy please click here.
4-Year PhD Positions
Apart from the 3-year PhD positions, ABRI sometimes offers 4-year PhD positions: Since these positions are funded by the industry and/or NWO, these positions don’t have a fixed annual deadline and the number of positions is not fixed either. If available, these positions can be found here.
FAQS and Contact Information
Research Policy Officer
Amsterdam Business Research Institute
De Boelelaan 1105, Room 4A-18
1081 HV Amsterdam